The thing I am working on today is more like killing 5 birds with one stone. Like I wrote last week I started with Python, but due to the work load over the last two weeks I could not do much. This Friday I got an invitation to Google App Engine and the only language they support as of now is Python. This in a way pushed me into learning python. Last month I had written about a bridge for Facebook and Open Social applications.
With many new things I devised a clever plan I have started off with a facebook application for the open social platform in python using the google app engine. That is 5 technologies covered in one single shot. I started with PyFacebook but, soon realized that the library urlib2 uses sockets and PyFacebook won't work for me. I could start with a new library or hack PyFacebook and since I am an expert in Python (with less than 2 days of experience) I resorted to hacking the PyFacebook library. I have never really programed in Python and the fact that the library is working kind of amazed me. That was one part of the project. Now comes the part of using the library to get data from facebook and display it on orkut as an open social application. If I am still amused with the app engine tomorrow I might continue and release a very rough version tomorrow.
But given the fact that I don't know Python and I've hardly worked on facebook or open social API's, it is going to be a tall order to get things done.
Incase you want to see the progress so far try the url http://comix.appspot.com